Let's start with first things first. I got the link to the wedding photos from the photographer. It's http://www.printroom.com/ghome.asp?shopperid=KCDLEHU0GSEC9J1L41AQ5VEQ5L226CJ0&domain_name=hurwitzphotography&group_id=83. The password is heyman. We've been looking at them and it's been super fun to see pics of everyone! Check them out!
Oh... and don't worry about ordering them from his website... I'll be getting a dvd of all the images and am happy to share. Make a list of the ones you want and I'll email you them when I can or I'll send you a cd!
Phoenix (and Chandler...)
Okay so I miss home terribly. It's definitely been difficult moving to a new place when I've been in AZ all my life! I miss my family, my friends, my job and just the familiarity of it all. I think part of it is that, frankly, I just need to get a life here. I've been looking for a job with no luck so far (really great on your self esteem... I highly recommend it) and am lowering my expectations dramatically. I just need to do something! And no, that something isn't going to be babies yet... (Sorry Diane, I know you want more grandbabies sooner than later!) I did join the MBASA (spouse association) which will keep me a little busier... I'm soooo BYU! I also went to my first BYU game Saturday and loved it! I appreciated the differences from ASU (not getting beer spilled on you) and it was a fun game! There were even guys in the next section with jack-o-lanterns on their heads dancing around! I wish I had video of it. Hilarious. Go Cougars!
Other happier thoughts... I got a calling yesterday in my new ward! Meet the new Secretary to the Young Women's Presidency! I'm super super excited about it! One of the counselors in my bishopric came by last night to extend the calling. He was telling me about the girls in my ward and it sounds like I can relate to some of the difficult situations they're in. I felt strongly it was inspired and I can't wait to serve. I'm so happy about it. Oh and he said they have something in the works for Curtis... stay posted!
Fall
I'm falling in love with fall! I'm enamored with the seasonal changes so far (ask me again in a few months). The leaves are all bright beautiful colors and the weather is a roller coaster. It was 70 today but supposed to be 35 on Halloween. Brrrr. It's been fun to bust out the winter clothes I never got to wear in Phoenix. I even made sugar cookies in the shape of fall leaves. We also made some skull and crossbone ones. Yummy!
Favorites
A few of my favorite things right now...
Scarves
Curtis
My tiffany blue kitchenaid
Grandma Curtis's rolls (thanks for bringing some up!)
Reading peoples blogs
Curtis
Living near my mom, Alli, and Brian, Jenn, Malorie and Colt
Riding Curtis's bike up the mountain or anywhere... with helmets
Curtis
Being married
Curtis
Going to the temple
Curtis
Curtis
The Young Women. I can't wait to meet them!
And... Curtis.
I think that about covers it for now.
Fun Forever
When you marry Curtis Heyman you know you're in for a life filled with fun, laughter (even when it's just him laughing at you), and excitement. Let me give you a few examples:
1. Curtis loves to get me riled up (almost to the point of angry) and then laugh his butt off at me. Last week we were driving in my car and I went to roll my window down... there was a not so friendly little beast, a wasp (or "giant bee" as I called it in my panicked state), trying to crawl in my window. I quickly rolled it right back up as fast as I could being scared of these little buggers. Cur picked up on my fear and proceeded to torment me by rolling my window up and down up and down, laughing hysterically as I freaked out thinking he was going to fly in and sting me! He thinks he's soooo funny. Look at this guy... who wouldn't be scared!

2. This one is short but funny.... or at least it is now. We were laying in bed and I had just started to fall asleep when Curtis purposely ripped the covers right off me for no apparent reason. I was instantly mad and he was instantly laughing and laughing. The madder I got the more he laughed. Oh and he wouldn't give them back. I didn't think it was funny. I hate being cold.
3. Now here's one where I was laughing harder than he was. A week and a half ago Cur stepped on a nail in our backyard. I found out (thank you to Diane) that he hadn't had a tetanus shot in 14 years and he was due. I tried and tried to convince him that he needed to go get one with no success. He came home almost a week later and had gotten the shots! I asked what had prompted him to do it and he said he had started to get some neck cramps and was having trouble swallowing. He looked up tetanus online and his symptoms matched! He freaked out and went straight to the clinic and got the shots thinking he had tetanus. Turns out he just has a canker sore in the back of his throat. At least he's in the clear now!
Those are just a few of my favorites. My life is never boring with this guy around!
12 comments:
Hey guys! I saw the link to your blog on Curtis' facebook page and thought I'd drop in and check it out! What a cute post. Looks like you two are having a blast! Just don't ever let Curtis own Call of Duty and I'm sure you two will live happily ever after.
Congrats on the new calling! Living with Curtis is sure to be a treat... I loved your stories. Hopefully you'll find a great job soon!
Congrats on your calling. I'm sure you'll love working with the YW and I'm sure they will love you. Your cookies look yummy. :) Life will always be interesting with our "man-child" Curtis! Good luck on the job hunt.
candace you make one beautiful sugar cookie; those looked awesome! i had fun looking at all your wedding pictures, the temple portraits were my favorite. i wish we lived by you guys so we could hang out! good luck with the job hunt!
Hi Candace! I thought it was Curtis blogging until I read, "I miss home terribly," and knew that wasn't his voice, it is fun to read your thoughts! I'm glad I got to be at the reception, I am so happy for you both! I know exactly what you mean about the self esteem factor in the job hunt-hang in there, you will find something! Also, your ward is so lucky to have you...I hope you continue to keep us posted on here!
Cute post! I was with the YW when we were in our first ward and I LOVED it, I think YW is one of the funnest calling, you'll love it. Good luck on the job front that has to be hard. Especially when you have no connections in UT like you do here to get better jobs. I can relate to husbands doing things just to make you angry, silly boys.
When I was in YW, a big group of us made a CD with tons of great ideas for lesssons, mutual, dances, etc. It was a lifesaver for me! I'd be more than happy to send you a copy.
Candace! I love you. I can empathize with you regarding the feelings you are having with the move. I felt very similar to your description when I first moved to Phoenix. I struggled with the weather change, the change in culture, and missed my friends and all that was familiar around me. Then after a couple of months, I flew back to what I considered "home" and spend a week. After about 3 or 4 days I found myself missing Brian so much that I couldn't wait to get back to him. That's when I realized that it didn't matter where I lived, just that home was wherever Brian was. You'll get there too! It just takes a little time. Can't wait to spend some time with you. I really want to get to know you better. But even then, I already love you much and am excited to get to know and love you even more.
Your wedding pictures were beautiful. And those sugar cookies looked like a masterpiece.
hey candace! not sure if you remember me... i'm hyrums wife. u & curtis are adorable!! we're so happy for ya. sorry we couldn't make it to your reception but we have a little something for ya. would u mind emailing me your address? chelsdecker@gmail.com. thanks!!
Curtis
Jon would love to have someone to go on rides with. especially since I don't like to go with him since I have a big belly. We need to hang out with you and Candace. Let me know when is a good time for youguys. Jon and I are pretty free most of the time.
Congratulation. You may not know me, but Curtis drove me and his brother Chris to seminary each morning in high school. I am glad to see Curtis has found such a great wife. We are actually in Provo too. Have you found a job yet?
Post a Comment