Tuesday, November 25, 2008

1 Month Later and Still Married!





First let me say "thank you" to all the friends and family who posted to our previous blog entry. Its so fun to hear from everyone. Candace and I apologize that we haven't had time to respond to everyone, but we certainly read what you post on our blog and read your blog, too. Also, thank you so much to all those who participated in our wedding one way or another. Cbug and I feel overwhelmed with your kindness.


So its been a while since our last blog post and we've been overdue for a new posting. Its discouraging because in my family my sister Jen and sister in law Jenny have these killer blogs and we can't seem to keep up with the "Joneses", or in this case the Rays and the Heymans. Regardless, I'm going to throw up some photos and get you updated in the short time I have this morning.


Before I do, let me give you the latest on us:

- MY WIFE GOT A JOB IN SLC! WE WILL SOON BE RICH enough to maybe afford cable tv. She will be working as an interior designer in downtown salt lake for http://www.edaarch.com/

- I got a new calling, assistant exec. clerk/secretary. Its a hybrid calling. This is my 3rd time in this calling. May I quote the famous Robert Kempton: "My wife and I were talking yesterday and we're trying to figure out how a guy like you got called to that even once! That calling is for guys who are way into excel spreadsheets, palm pilots, and technology. If someone told me you got called to that I would think its a fluke. If they told me you got called twice I wouldnt believe them. But 3x? Whats going on?" I'm not sure, but I'm happy to serve wherever whenever however.

- Thankfully, school has slowed a bit. My schedule was killing me during the first half of this semester.

- We're staying put in Provo for Tday, but we'll be in AZ for a week for Christmas. Probably the 18th-27th. Let's get together!

- I'm looking for a MBA level marketing internship this summer with a large company. Got any ideas or connections? It doesn't have to be in Utah.


Now for pictures:

Candace and I packed up some hot chocolate and snacks for a drive through Hobble Creek Canyon in Springville.


Did you know Cbug chopped her hair off? Women do that to men as soon as they marry. It looks good tho. Pics of her are soon to come. This is what she had me print off for her to take to the hair stylist:


Pics are back from the wedding photographer!




















10 comments:

Heather H. said...

I love the photos, each and every one. That is great news that Candace got a job, and not just "a job" but an interior design job...it just sounds perfect! Curtis, I hate excel too...who needs all that stuff? Happy Thanksgiving!

chloe said...

Your guys are pretty dang cute!

Tim and Jennifer said...

We want pictures of Candace's hair! Congrats on the job, that is so exciting. Your blog can be as good as ours, all you have to do is post something!

Anne said...

Love your blog :) Congrats on maybe getting cable TV, you'll be one step ahead of us! Good thing I can watch "The Hills" online. Ha :)

danielle said...

I LOVE your wedding pictures! so great!

Brett and Colene said...

OMG congrats on the new job Candace!!! That's awesome...you rock:) I can't wait to see the new "do." You guys are already doing great.
I know, that would be great if Rachel would start a blog, but she always tells me she can barely keep up with Myspace & Facebook. Maybe one day we'll sucker her into it! She said a lot of her friends have it. She gets on and checks on mine every now and then. Hope you had a good first married turkey day! Love COCO

Anderson Adventures said...

Cute pics. Congrats Candace on the new job. That is awesome. We need to get together. Does this weekend or next work better. just let me know(:

Meggers said...

i said it before and i will say it again - you two are beautiful! p.s. congrats on the job candy pop!

Jenny said...

congrats on the job candace! curtis it is mean to mention that your wife got a cute haircut without including a picture! girls like to see these things! oh well i'm happy for an update.

we are coming to AZ on the 22nd and leave on new years so we will have to pack all the fun in before you guys leave. maybe a double date is in order?

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

We love any updates and pictures. How about pictures of your apartment? We can't wait until you're here!