- Flushing things down the toilet and then saying "duh duh" in an "all gone!" tone. What he's flushed/tried to flush so far: toilet paper he pulls off the roll, a tampon with the wrapper on, a big bottle of listerine, and one of my nikes. These are just the things that have actually made it into the toilet.
- Climbing up on the coffee table and walking backwards. Yes, he falls and no, he's not allowed to even be up there.
- Emptying out any cabinet he can find in 30 seconds flat.
- Throwing a full out stomping, crying, yelling, temper tantrum because I won't put on my silly-looking shop glasses right that second.
- Anything to do with being outside. He's always been happiest outdoors.
- Fighting his way out of the high chair. He would rather eat on the go - one bite at a time with playing in between. This is not good for Mama.
- Giving Mama and Dada loves and kisses. He is SUCH a good snuggler and will randomly come up to you for a hug or kiss.
- Praying. He folds his arms as soon as I put him in his high chair at mealtime. He will also randomly fold his arms, close his eyes, and mumble gibberish throughout the day.
- Swimming. This boy loves the water.
- Making a really stern face, scolding me with his finger and shaking his head "no" when he knows he's doing something he shouldn't be.
- Getting super frustrated and whining/yelling if he can't figure out a task right away - like putting the lid on a tupperware by himself.
- Pointing to things and saying "ttttt" (that) so we name what it is.
- Skipping his afternoon nap. I think we're down to one nap a day. Sad day for Mama.
- Climbing up on anything he can find and figuring out different ways to slide or climb back down.
- Waiving "bye" to Dada in the morning and blowing lots of kisses.
- Eating black beans, cookies, smoothies, bananas (only if he can hold it and pull the peel down himself), peaches, and pretty much any meat (takes after his dad, not his mom on this one).
- Opening and closing doors.
- Dancing. He loves music.
- Animals - especially doggies. If he sees one or a picture of one he will say "mmm mmm!" in a "ruff ruff!" tone. He will also say "cack cack" for a duck sound and does a perfect fishy noise.
- Saying "mama", "dada", and mimicking the tone of "uh oh".
- Signing "all done", "more", "please", and "thank you".
- Pointing to his nose, eyes, ears, mouth, and toes.
- Shaking his head "no" at me for pretty much anything I ask him.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
17 months.
Our little 17 month old loves:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Ah he is soooo cute! I can't believe all of the new things he is doing! I miss getting to play with him every week in church
i love all those pictures!!! 1-2 is such a fun age to see their personalities start shining through a lot more.
LOVE the pictures and list of what Roobear does and likes. He is soooo cute! Such a handsome little boy!!
I just looked at these pictures and said to myself, "holy cow he's getting so big!" (okay, maybe old is a better word, we know this boy has ALWAYS been big).
and then I realized that smith is the same age.
and then I realized that smith is actually a smidgeon OLDER.
and then I may have had a panic attack.
..........
how's that neck of yours, btw?
He's such a toddler now! I love all the pictures. The ones in the white chair are too cute. You should take more like that as he grows!
He is SUCH a cute kid you guys! and HAPPY 3 years! Super exciting! Hope you are all doing well! Your family is darling!
he is absolutely delicious. having a boy is so special, i'm so glad i get to have one, too!
loved curtis' tribute to you in that last post. so happy you are both happy together!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE this boy!
Post a Comment