Tuesday, October 11, 2011

3 Years Into Eternity...


"YES", this is a blog about my anniversary and "YES", you're about to see some really old and fun pictures of my Cbug. This is a 2005 photo, back when we were young and I didn't have a double chin or 3 knee surgeries, and we had enough energy to stay up past 10pm! Times have changed!

Here's a picture when I half jokingly asked Candace in 2007 if she wanted to fly to Las Vegas with me to buy a pickup truck. She said "yes". You could tell we had a lot of fun on the plane.

And on the ride back to AZ...Candace and I dated 4 times before tying the knot. I'm glad we both came to our senses and committed to marry. Our little chunker, Reedy RooBear is the sunshine in our day.
Its common knowledge that Candace is in the "Guinness Book of World Records" for having the world's prettiest blue eyes....but did you know that she also holds the record for the world's most beautiful skin? I joke with Candace that in 3 years of marriage I don't think she's ever had a pimple or blemish!She's always had a classy way about her. It definitely pulled me in.

There is a lot I can say about my wife. I think the best thing that I could ever want is exactly what Candace is, TRUE | COMMITTED | TALENTED | BEAUTIFUL | SOO SMART | CARING | FOCUSED | and TRYING TO GROW CLOSER TO GOD.

I love her soo much. I need to work on telling her more often. Happy 3rd Year, Cbug! Only 999,999,999,999,999 x 100 more years to go!

9 comments:

Candace Heyman said...

We did it! 3 years and counting. Curbo, I love you tons and tons. Thank you for the sweet post. It may or may not have made me tear up a little. You're the best husband I could ask for.

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!! We're soooo glad Curtis finally proposed so we didn't have to adopt Candace. :-) Love you guys!!

Nielsens said...

yay! happy anniversary to you both!!! thanks for finally "coming to your senses" and making candace a part of the fam!

Jenny said...

Cute! Candace is quite a catch; you did well for yourself Curbo! Happy Anniversary!!

Cara said...

Congrats!!!!! You really on dated 4 times before you proposed???!!!! We dated 4 YEARS before Joe proposed!!!! Hope you had a fun day!! You should be celebrating with us in NY!!!!!

Candace Heyman said...

Cara- He means we dated on and off for 4 spans of time over a 4 year period, not we went out on 4 dates. That would be crazy!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Yea! Love this. C-bug does have the prettiest skin. No eye wrinkles! :) So happy to call her sister! And Curbo, it's so fun to see you as a dad and husband. You're a great one! Happy Anniversary!

JoEllen said...

Cute!! And neither one of you looks any older!

reality is said...

Oh my gosh, that is THE word to describe her. classy. absolutely. you nailed it curtis!