Sunday, January 8, 2012

CurboCycles

From time to time, I have friends ask "What is CurboCycles and why do people call you that?".

Well, "Curbo" comes from a nickname my Mom gave me when I was young. My friends heard her call me that and to tease me they also called me "Curbo". It stuck. Around the age of 14, I really got into dirt bikes. I quickly learned that by thoroughly researching the market for dirt bikes and negotiating right I could buy a dirt bike, ride it for a while, and sell it for more money than I paid. By the time I was 19 I'd bought and sold a handful of ATVs, motorcyces, and jet skiis. By the time I was 29, I'd sold more than 50. Hence, "CurboCycles"!

While in UT for Christmas, I picked up a bike late Friday night and snapped a picture with RooBear before selling it in Phoenix Monday morning.

Andy Ray calls Reed "mini bike", a reference to his Dad "CurboCycles".
Speaking of mini bikes, my first motorized anything was a mini bike almost exact to the one used in Dumb and Dumber. I had some good times on that thing, like pulling the neighborhood kids around on rollerblades.
My latest "mini bike" is even MORE fun.

While at Jungle Jim's Playland in UT, Reed got to ride an ATC.


Hey, no pregnant women allowed on the ATC!

Making engine noises...bbRRRRUMM bbbrrruummmm

While at Jungle Jim's Reed and I did some "riding" together. Never too old for bumper cars! Thanks Grandpa Kelly and Grandma Denise for taking us to JJs!

1 comment:

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Such cute pictures!!...even with motorcycles in them. :-)