Friday, February 10, 2012

diy mania.

So I guess I've fallen off the blogging bandwagon again. Good thing my amazing husband likes to blog so you have some fresh content every now and again. He's been bugging and bugging me to post about the bed I built for us (not without some help from my sweet Grandpa). When I say I built it I don't mean I upholstered it. I mean I figured out all the measurements, went to home depot, had them cut a boat load of wood for me, screwed and glued my heart out until I couldn't do anymore, my Grandpa drilled his heart out helping me put it together, covered everything in foam, batting, and fabric, staple-gunned my heart out, added some nailhead trim one-at-a-painful-time, got it in my room (no small feat), hung the headboard and placed the bedframe, and voila! Done! How's that for a run on sentence? Anyways, I've been nesting quite a bit around here so eventually I'll post real, non-instagram photos of my room and maybe some of the rest of my house if I can get it clean enough. For now, here's a little sneak peak.

5 comments:

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

BEAUTIFUL and amazing!! Great job Candace!

Jenny said...

Looks awesome! I am super impressed with your DIY skills. Who makes a bed?? This whole time I thought you'd been talking about a little one for Reed. You made a REAL bed!! You should definitely pat yourself on the back for that one.

Denise (Free) Kimber said...

Truly a proud DIY Mom moment!!!! Great job sweet-pea!!

Martha said...

love it, love it, love it. you are amazing. did you just figure out all the measurements by yourself or did you use a tutorial? i bet it was waaaay cheaper than buying a bed. beds are so expensive! that headboard is really cool and unexpected, too.

Shanell Farr said...

very cool! love it!