Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Birthday & Conference

I had such a good weekend. I love conference and I love my birthday (Curtis is learning how much I love my birthday since I keep telling him it's a week long celebration. He keeps teasing me saying, "It's your birthday this year!") Alright, alright, maybe I make it into more than it should be... but I just get so excited! The beginning of the day didn't start off as hoped... I woke Curtis up by practically jumping on the bed like a little girl filled with the excitement of Christmas morning. I was stoked to say the least. As soon as he was somewhat awake I told him I had a "special secret" but that he had to guess what it was. After about 5 minutes of completely silly guesses I gave him a hint: "It has something to do with what today is." He replied with many more off-the-wall guesses including: "It's Groundhog's Day!" "It's Jenny's due date!" "Ummm... it's the day we first met 6 years ago!" (Note: we haven't even known eachother for 6 years). This continued for about 5 more minutes when I interjected, "This is getting sad. You really don't know?" He continued to guess more and more ridiculous things until I got upset. Turns out, he knew it was my birthday all along but was just messing with me. I sincerely thought he had forgotten (I'm not sure how all his laughing and silliness got past me) and it took a lot of convincing for me to believe it was all just a joke. After a few hours, I was able to laugh it off. I know, I know... I should know better from this man. He is Curtis Heyman, the teaser. And... I should really lighten up.

The day got much much better from there. Cur had a few suprises for me, we got to go to conference with our friends Becky & Troy at the Conference Center, we went to my mom's for an amazing (as usual) dinner, and I got the sweetest tribute from Chelsea on her blog. I love birthdays!

Anyway, here are a few pics from my favorite day! Here's us on the Conference Center balcony.



Checking out the tabernacle.



Majestic.



The token shot.



Getting ready... make a wish!



With my sweetheart.

7 comments:

Blythe said...

Happy Birthday Candace! It looks like you had a really fun day...I hope Curtis spoiled you rotten. :)

We really need to get together again soon!

Jenny said...

happy birthday again candace!! you looked gorgeous as usual! i am just like you about my birthday- i try to extend it for as long as possible! why not? there's a card on its way in the mail from us--i haven't had my act together this year with birthdays.

Chris said...

The excitement really comes out in the blowing out the candles picture. You must think you are old if you have to take that big of a breathe. Happy Birthday.

Jenn said...

Love you, Candace. Had lots of fun at lunch today. Thanks for meeting me! Can't wait to see you and Curtis on Saturday! Love you.

Chelsea said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! Your hair is getting so long already...love the outfit too!

Tim and Jennifer said...

I LOVE birthdays too. You look so pretty in all the pictures. Sorry you had to put up with Curtis on your birthday morning. He must have forgotten he's not married to Robert. haha

Anonymous said...

so jealous and it looks like you had a lot of birthday fun!!! yeah for birthdays and cake!