Somehow, Candace made it past her important deadline at work, I got past finals with a week long flu, and the two of us are now enjoying Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Its a sweet beach spot just south of Cancun. Yes, we are aware Mexico is a large part of the swine flu epidemic. For this reason, we were able to get super deals on ham yesterday at the market. Dont' worry, we stalked up so we could bring some back and share it with you!!
The people here are incredibly nice and very beautiful. I've enjoyed speaking some 1/2 Portuguese-Spanish to my new friends here. We had the chance to go to church Sunday and grab some pass along cards from the missionaries there so we could hand them out to our taxi drivers.
Here are a couple funny things that have happened so far:
- When our bus was heading from the airport to the hotel, the driver got on the phone with someone to tell him the bus wasn't running right. The driver obeyed the instructions of the person on the phone and TURNED OFF THE BUS WHILE DRIVING 65 MPH down the freeway! Then he decides to try and turn it back on, luckily, it started back up and we didn't have any serious problems. SCARY!
- While at the supermarket, I was sitting at a table watching people when I saw an old lady walk over to a piece of bread sitting on the ground. She was well dressed and I thought "Oh good, someone is going to throw that away". Well, she put it back in the bread bin so someone else would end up buying it! AWESOME!
I'm using up precious beach time to type this, so I'm going to be quick, but check out our adventures thus far:
At the Tulum ruins:
Tulum is perched right on the beach.
My favorite part was swiming in a cenote, or sink hole. Playa del Carmen doesn't have any rivers, just underground waterways that flow through cave systems. Check it out.

There were lots of caves to explore and fish!
There were lots of caves to explore and fish!
....and I, Happy Honeymoon!
7 comments:
Cute photos, fun time!! Candace, I think I have those sunglasses :) Enjoy your honeymoon!!!!
Looks like you guys are having a blast! I'm happy to see no surgical masks in any of these pics!
Great pics!! Freeze the ham for next Easter!
Woo Hoo!! So glad to hear from you and see that you're having a great time! It looks awesome in the pics. :)
Oh man...the word "jealous" doesn't even begin to cover it.
happy honeymoon guys!! It looks so pretty there...but leave the ham where it belongs.
:P)
awww newlyweds all over again! You guys are cute:)
Post a Comment