Sunday, May 3, 2009

All Good Things Must Come To An End



So before we close this chapter of our blog, we need to tie up a couple loose ends including cover THE topic you've all been waiting for:

SWINE FLU!!!!!
Before we do that, let us show you the view from our villa:

In our room we had a safe, microwave, and a fridge which was really nice. We feel very grateful to Candace's mom and my parents for the wedding gifts that have allowed us to have such an amazing honeymoon.
So has the Pig Flu effected our honeymoon? Yes. I sneezed in a restaurant and everyone stopped what they were doing and looked over at me. You could've heard a pin drop! My server then came out with a medical mask on the rest of the time. Workers at the supermarket and other public places had medical masks on. I caught myself looking at others everytime I heard a cough or sneeze. People were on edge. But life went on, thankfully, and we just kept our distance from crowds and regularly washed our hands.
There was a lot of concern by travelers about getting home. Were they going to let us fly? How early would we need to be at the airport...and so on. We got to the airport and found this going on:


Before you could check in, you had to answer some health questions and have your temperature taken by one of these ladies. They hold something up to your forehead and if you have a temperature, you don't board. Cbug caught some of the action for you:
I've recently started snorting when I laugh and oinking when I cough. Could that be a sign? My Bishop is a doctor at the MTC and I emailed him to see if he thought we should come to church today. He said it would probably be best if we stayed home as a precaution, so here we are bloggin away! We're glad to be home healthy and happy. Hope you enjoyed our honeymoon blog-a-thon.

9 comments:

Shanell Farr said...

what an amazing place! how fun!

Shauna Brown said...

What a blast!! Oh to be honeymooners again- so fun. Your trip looked amazing and I love the airport pics- nice!

Chelsea said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing time! I can't imagine you guys taking a honeymoon (or any trip for that matter) without scooters!

Anthony said...

Glad you guys had such a good time! Curtis - it kinda looks like you might be copping a feel in the last pic...

Nina Olson said...

Hola ther buddy old pal. congrats on the wedding. Glad you didn't bring the swine bag with you here. We have enough running around!! LOL just kidding. I will make sure to add you to my friends list and check in on you and your beautiful wife often

Blythe said...

Your trip looks incredible! We should all hang out again soon, but only after enough time has passed that we can be SURE you're free of swine flu. :)

Anonymous said...

so crazy that they checked you in the airport like that! Alana was so sure that i had a swine flu last week when i had a cold. Brannon and i pulled a good prank on her!

Jenny said...

your pictures are so cute! so fun you get to go on another fun trip next month with us! we can't wait!

Cory Chiles said...

i would have loved to be in Mexico during the swine flu! i can only imagine having the place to yourselves. awesome. totally awesome!

-cory