Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Mysteries and Wonders of Xel-Ha



MAYYYYYBE my favorite day of the trip was our visit to a natural aquarium/water park called Xel-Ha. Candace and I had heard good things about the place, but we didn't know what to expect. We had soo much fun there. Xel-Ha is a huge cove/inlet from the ocean that is full of beautiful fish, creatures, underwater caves, and jungle. Notice from the pictures how big the park is and how empty it was. Admission price includes access to "all you can eat" buffets and restaurants, so we had 3 meals in between snorkeling, exploring, and cliff diving.



Unfortunately, we didn't have an underwater camera. If we did, you'd be able to see the huge 4-5ft barracuda we saw (he was scary), the 3 stingrays, an octopus, and a whole variety of colorful fish we swam with.

Right when we got to the park there were these 2 huge iguanas battling to the death on a walkway. We stood and watched them for a while until one of them chased me away! Don't they look like mini-dinosaurs?


While at Xel-Ha we chased fish, explored caves, cliff jumped, and ate as much food as possible! LETS GO BACK!

1 comment:

Tim and Jennifer said...

I feel sick. I actually bought you guys an underwater camera after I found out where you were going and never sent it. I just remembered. Lame. I love the out of the water pictures though!