Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spring is Here.



I've been in denial for quite some time now about spring. "Spring" to me means I get to lay by the pool whenever I want... NOT an intermittent snow here or there. However... it seems that spring is really here for me now with no turning back. I love it and I've grown to love this place. Having actual seasons in the year has been a pleasant suprise for me (although you might ask me again this winter). There are things about Utah that have become a part of me now. If I ever leave, I know I'll miss them just like I now dearly miss the smell of the desert after a heavy monsoon rain, or the beautiful Arizona sunsets.

Cur took me on a ride and a picnic tonight. We had so much fun exploring trails in Provo Canyon. The country here is amazing. It's so green I can't get over it. Who knew grass would just spring up on it's own like this? People would die for grass like this in AZ. I may have gone a little snap happy with the camera so bear with me.

We came around the corner of a mountain and all of a sudden it opened up into this huge valley below us. It really was breathtaking.

Smooshed faces.
The trail.


5 comments:

Jenny said...

that sounds like a cute little date! i love your spring pictures, especially the ones where the light is flooding the picture. minus the winter dragging out for way too long utah really is great!

Chelsea said...

So beautiful! I love your pics. We in Arizona miss you but we are happy you're enjoying the Utah outdoors. :)

Tim and Jennifer said...

Utah is great right now because it's so hot in AZ. Please don't ever stay there though! I love your pictures.

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Love the pics. Snap away!! It's our turn to be jealous of your weather. :)

Lizzy and Porter said...

This is my idea of a perfect date! You two do some pretty cool things together... I am truly jealous of you Heymans right now. I am aching for green grass and aspen trees and cooler weather. I love your pics of the beautiful UT mountains and scenery!