Anyways, in hopes of getting in front of the best companies looking to hire I headed to New Orleans to attend the National Black MBA Career Fair. No, you don't have to be black to go. There were whites, blacks, indians, asians, latinos, and even a few extra-terrestrials. I thought I would feel out of place, but everyone was very cordial and I had a great time.
There were actually 50 of us BYU students who traveled to New Orleans together. We had fun walking the streets, tasting the NOLA grub, and sharing stories about our interviews.
Speaking of interviews, I scored THREE! One with AutoZone, Harley-Davidson, and EcoLab. They all went well and I'm hoping to hear from them and other companies who asked to interview me at another date. I'm really excited about the future!
My good friend and old roommate Scott Fryer came down from Purdue for the same event. We had a great time reminiscing and talking interview strategies.
Other than Texas, I've never been to the South before. Its quirky, historic, has great food, and is HUMIDDDDDDDD.
The great Mississippi River:
After all of our Friday interviews we headed out to get a taste of New Orleans.
Fun stuff, but I'm happy to be home with my CBug.
5 comments:
thats awesome you got so many interviews! nice work! sounds like a fun trip.
Fun! And good work!
Were the pics by the missippi and the store with the alligator stuff in the mall at the boardwalk?
Sounds fun! I'm excited to hear how the interviews went. I can see you fitting in at any of those companies. I'm sure Cbug is happy you're back too.
Way to score getting the interviews! It looks like a fun trip. That's awesome that you got to see Scott!
Good times in N'alins. that's for sure.
Post a Comment