Your Mom, however, wants to know how the day was and what you did. If you were like me in 3rd grade, your answer was along the lines of "I dont know" and "nothing". Well, things have changed!
For my Leadership class, I've been asked to start a project where I positively influence others. The project is supposed to be something I've been wanting to do and something I feel passionately about. This led me to think about my MBA experience. I have a lot of people ask me questions about it. People are usually looking to answer 1 of 2 questions:
1) "Is what you're learning as a MBA worthwhile for me to consider going back to school"
or
2) "I'm having such and such problems in my company, what are they teaching you in business school that could help me improve my business?"
In response to friends and family looking for business tips or considering a graduate degree (and in my own desire to keep a record of what I'm learning in school) I'm going to blog each day after class some key takeaways from the day. The goal is to keep it SHORT (after all I've got snacks and cartoons to watch when I get home), to keep it interesting, and insightful.
Part of the project is showing that I actually made a difference. In order to do so, I'd like to know what kind of things you'd like me to blog about: The work load? Ways to grow a company? Better methods of hiring good employees? Tips on networking and job finding?
The purpose of the blog is not to act like I'm a pro or know it all on these subjects, but a way to share what I'm learning and help people get answers to questions. Also, feel free to add advice and tips.
Please let me know what you'd like to hear about and if you have something you'd like to contribute! I look forward to your comments.
CSH

1 comment:
Wow! I can finally get more than "I don't know" and "nothing" as a response?!!!! Woo Hoo!
(Good luck with your project!)
Mom :-)
Post a Comment