Monday, April 5, 2010

Birthday Bug

In case you haven't heard, its Cbug's birthday. We started the celebration on Friday, however, as the Birthday Princess insists her birthday is really a "birthweek". As you desire, Cbug!


I really am so lucky to be married to Candace. She has a number of unique qualities that make her such a wonderful woman.


Maybe you've heard of the book "The 5 Love Languages". It details how people like to show and receive love in particular ways. Candace's FAVORITE way to show and receive love is through QUALITY TIME. It is crazy how she loves being near me and cherishes her time with me.

She will do ANYTHING I will do. For example, a few years ago I decided to take a night class (economics) at a community college. Cbug would drive from Phoenix to Mesa after a busy work day just to sit next to me during class and hold my hand! THAT is love!

Not very many women will setup a folding chair along a river on a cold November day just to watch her husband fish....


...but my Cbug does!


We always have a fun time doing things together.


Even though she's a girly girl, she can handle herself just fine with the boys.






Candace is extremely bright. She graduated from a top 3 interior design program and I regularly hear from her peers how talented she is.

She's also a very hard worker. There are few things she can't do!


Another unique thing about Candace is her authenticity and sincerity. She is true to those things and people that matter most. She does not waiver. How rare in today's society to stay true and committed!

From time to time, people ask me, "How did you trick her into putting up with you?"

Well, one thing is for sure. She knows how to dish it out, too!

I'm so glad I married this woman. She is going to be the best mother....

...cuz she's already the best wife!

13 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

I love a good Birthday Bug! Cbug, you look gorgeous in every picture! I hope your ankles stay slim today. haha.

We love you!

Unknown said...

I LOVE you guys! Happy birthday cBug!

Jenny said...

We are happy you found Cbug too! She is great!
Have a great day Candace!!

Chelsea said...

Happy birthday to the Cbug!! Love the post Curbo. You perfectly captured all the sides of the Cbug that make her so wonderful!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Happy Birthday Candace!! I hope you have a fabulous birth-week. We love having the CBug as part of our family!! (Great post Curtis!)

Nielsens said...

awesome post! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANDACE!!!!!!!!!!

Brooke Nielsen said...

Happy B-day!

Porter and Karla said...

She is going to make a wonderful mom!! We are so excited for you! I hope to have something in the mail for your little guy soon:)

Brett and Colene said...

Ahhh!!! Happy Birthday lady:) You are pretty darn special!

Unknown said...

i love candace! happy belated birthday sweet girl!

Lindsey Lee said...

aaah..so sweet. Candance is one gorgeous girl! Tell her happy birthday!

Martha said...

curbo you are just too much. i can always hear your voice in every blog post you do and it makes me laugh. happy b-day cbug!

Heidi Rieck said...

i dont know if its the hormones but, im crying right now lol u couldn't have said sweeter things! u guys r 2 cute :)