Tuesday, August 23, 2011

utah - part tres.

On our trip to Utah...

Roo Bear started walking!  We sent him on a flight up with Ray and Diane and after being apart from him for only a few hours (as we drove) Diane had him taking 4 steps!  We don't have photos of that but here are some with my mom the next day.


And here's video to prove it.


We took our walking boy to the park to test the grass under his toes.




We played lots of hide-and-seek.  Reed loved this little "fort" A.K.A. corner of Bubby & Sam's living room.


We spent lots of time enjoying the beautiful Utah weather.  We walked up the canyon for a few stroller rides and we hiked, hiked, hiked.  Curtis, Reed and I tested out our hiking back pack on our way up to Timpanoogas falls.  It was a bit icy (in July!) so we didn't make it to the top.  We couldn't believe there was still snow up there since it was about a billion degrees when we left Phoenix.




Next, Jboy and I took Roo on a hike up to the top of Stewart falls.  It was a gorgeous hike and I was really proud of myself for carrying our hefty little guy for a good 75% of the time.  He definitely adds to your workout!



Reed even wanted in on some mountain goat action.

A few days later we went hiking up to Stewart falls again but this time on a different, secret trail only locals know about.  It was really pretty and takes you to the bottom of the falls.  Here's the crew:  Roo and I, the happy couple (a post on their wedding coming soon!), and our family friends, The Browns, who were also in town for a visit.  I was lucky that I got to see them too!




Again Reed and I didn't make it all the way to the falls because of snow but I did carry him the whole way!  Needless to say, I was the sweatiest one at lunch.









My cute cousin Megan met up with us at Sundance for a delicious lunch.  She matched this beautiful poppy flower I found right outside the restaurant.









Utah, we miss you for now but we sure won't in a few months!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Love all the hiking pictures! Looks beautiful.

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Beautiful pictures! What a work out that must have been with Reed on your back. Very impressive! I want to go on those hikes in 3 years. (Hopefully I won't need to be carried on your back! )

Chelsea said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I love the video of Reed. He's the cutest!

Tim and Jennifer said...

No wonder you stayed in UT so long, you could actually enjoy the outdoors!