Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Ode to My Buggy-Sis

I've had a lot moments lately where I am just thankful from head to toe that I have my daughter Charlotte.  She's 2.5 yrs old and perfect in every way.  I wouldn't change one thing about her if I could.  She's perfect.  She has a sweet disposition and a soft voice that only raises when brother teases her or she's goofing around with Mom, "Ree-Ree", or me.  She is quick to smile, LOVES to sing, and loves to snuggle.  More often than not it takes me or Mom laying with her to get her to fall asleep which can be painful but usually isn't so bad.  I love those quiet moments of snuggling next to her and tickling her back when she asks me to "honey" her back. 

Charlotte has lots of names: Buggy-Sis, Buggy-boo-bop, Sis'em Bug, Boo-Bop Anonymous.  She enjoys them all. 

I'm amazed at how natural she is at mothering.  She loves to play typical boy stuff like dig in the dirt or ride bikes or play trucks with Reed but since her earliest days she has felt most comfortable carrying a doll under an arm wherever she goes.  Its not something we've pushed, she really just loves nurturing and watching over a little one.  It will be fun to see her as Big Sis soon. 

Charbug is such a sweetie.  She isn't as quick as Reed to give me kisses but she's always up for a snuggle and occasionally she'll lean over and out of the blue give me a kiss on the cheek that melts my heart.  On each Sunday over the last 2 years she has spent most of Church on my lap.  She likes to bear hug me and make faces with the people sitting behind me.  Or, have me color with her or play characters or read books.  I love holding her throughout Church. 

Over the last 2 months Sis has really come out of her shell.  She has no problem being the center of attention at home.  Her personality has blossomed while maintaining her sweet, soft voice.  She has me feeling like the luckiest Dad in the world.





                                     SHE'S PERFECT!

No comments: