Thursday, February 12, 2009

Nothing Short of Amazing

Curtis showed me this video and I was floored. This girl is 20 and I wish I could be so articulate about my beliefs. She did an amazing job explaining our church and beliefs in such a non-threatening way. I'm always worried when religious topics come up for fear I might offend someone. Curtis is much better about this than I am. Yet another reason I admire him. I've done some thinking and I've decided it doesn't have to be a threat. I don't get offended when others share their beliefs with me... in fact, I'm usually intrigued and inquisitive. So it's official, I'm going to share more and worry less.

I am so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have purpose in my life that I wouldn't have otherwise. The teachings of my Savior Jesus Christ make me want to be a better person and give me the tools to do it. More gratitude is in my heart than I can begin to express. I love my Savior and am so grateful that I have His church on this earth today.

If you have a moment you might check this video out. I'm proud of her faith and courage. It's something for me to strive for.