Friday, August 20, 2010

B is for Baby Shower.

Last week Diane threw a baby shower for one of her dear friend's daughters, Monica. Since B is also for bronchitis (poor Diane), Jen and I got to help out. It was really fun putting it all together. Definitely a team effort. Even Jenny got in on the action all the way from California by doing some photoshop work for us - note her cute labels for food, water bottles, etc.


















Diane went all out.  Take your pick of an angelfood cupcake with rasberry filling or a roasted banana cupcake with chocolate sour cream frosting or honey cinnamon frosting (my fav).  Yum, yum and yum.
 











The menu featured all items beginning with "B," from barbeque chicken salad to berry salad to brownies.  It was all delicious.  Diane also made triple-dipped pretzels (caramel, chocolate & white chocolate) as the favor.  It was a fun shower and I'm glad I was there to help.  Here's the mama-to be with her mama, Tammy along with some other photos from the day.  I love the belly.  So cute.
 

By the way... has anyone else used this new post editor???  It's driving me crazy.... Any tips on how to make it more manageable?  It seems to have a mind of it's own putting photos wherever it wants them and adding random spacing that I can't select or delete.  Grrrrrrrrrrr.

6 comments:

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Thanks for all of your help and amazing talent! I could not have made it without you, Jen, and Jenny!! And thanks for documenting it with your awesome pictures!

Jenny said...

this turned out so awesome! i know it would of course, diane knows how to throw a party! thanks for posting some pictures!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Looks like it's from a magazine. I have to say, the cupcakes were delicious!
Oh and Cbug, you were totally the ring leader. My craft skills would have given us nothing. Thank goodness for you!

jon♥kara said...

Wow that looks amazing, fancier that a lot of wedding receptions I've seen. Way to go girls I'm sure Monica was so excited.

Nielsens said...

Oh My Goodness!!! You ladies did some A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. work! I've been dying to see the pictures, thanks for posting the pics candace! all that delicious food is making me hungry.

ps. i got so frustrated with the new editor thing. i like your layout more than mine but i dont have the time/patience to figure mine out yet to fix it!

Lisa said...

Oh, I want you guys to come throw a party for me! Everything looks and sounds like it was wonderful! Fun, fun!!