As I was lamenting my losses to Curtis last night, he put it perfectly. He said there is something special about being in the "trenches" with someone. He's right. Having babies 2-1/2 weeks apart and living together for the summer has given me a special bond to my sister-in-law, Jen. She's an amazing woman and she's been such a great example and help to me as I've made the transition into motherhood. I'm bad at putting my feeling into words (have you noticed my posts are heavy on photos and low on words?) but I think the word gratitude sums it up perfectly. I'm so grateful to have married into such a special family. I'm grateful for sisters. I'm grateful for nephews whom I'll miss terribly. Tim, Jen, Kyle & Nolan, come back and see us soon!
I love these boys.
Reedy-Roo and cousin Nolie-Polie. Go Suns!
Sweet Nolan Ray.
Matching rolls.
Kyle is such a fun boy. He can be a handful but when he's sweet, boy is he sweet. We've had lots of fun chasing each other around the house and playing games. I know Uncle Curbo will be missing his nightly wrestling matches.
Last night while monsoon season was in full force, Kyle and I went and sat on the porch to watch the storm. He pointed out and said he wanted to go out in the rain. I paused for a second and then thought, why not?! We jumped in puddles and laughed while it poured down and soaked us through and through. So. Much. Fun.
Kyle, you can join our family any time. :)
We miss you Rays!
P.S. Jen, this post was not intended to make you cry. haha.
7 comments:
How did you know I have tears?!? Oh so beautiful. We miss you guys. I told my dad on the phone, "Candace isn't just my sister-in-law, she's my friend!" I'm so sad.
Roo bear, don't forget me!!
I have to admit when I heard you guys were all going to be living together for the summer I was a teensy bit jealous because that is such a unique opportunity to grow closer to family. Especially as a new mom, having someone else in the same situation helps so much I think. I'm sure there have been some hard things about it too, but definitely a blessing in some ways.
i love you and kyle jumping in the rain! such a fun aunt!
i second jenny in being jealous haha.
kyle looks soooo happy jumping with you in that rain! what a great aunt!
Jenny & Bubby- Come on down! There's an opening in Bub's old room... Haha :)
WOW...Reed got biggg!!! We have to get together soon:)
...oh and that is so neat that you got to bond with family this summer! That is how I became so close with Brett's family- living with his sister and brother n' law for 2 yrs.
How fun to live with a sis-in-law for a few months... especially when you each have a new baby! I love the jumping in the rain pics. Monsoon season in AZ is my favorite! You have to go out in one at least once a season. :)
Post a Comment