Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Two Year Anniversary!

Can you believe Curtis and I have been married for 2 years?  It feels like 2 days and 20 years at the same time.  It's been a wonderful two years and I feel like we've accomplished a lot together!  I couldn't ask for a better husband.  I'm one of the lucky ones who got to marry their dream guy.  Case in point:

Curtis surprised me when we were in Utah with a little getaway.  Sunday night, the night before our anniversary, he suggested we take a little drive up Provo canyon to see the beautiful fall leaves.  As we drove through the canyon I said, "We should drive the Alpine Loop!"  We always meant to do that on his motorcycle when we lived in Provo but never got around to it.  He looked at me a little strangely and then said, "Sure!  It's cool because you go through this cool little town."

Me: "Alpine?"
Cur: "No, Midway."

That should have been my first tip.  Nope, still clueless.

We were driving along and we happened upon this little resort that Cur happened to be working on their website.

Cur: "Let's check it out."
Me: "Sure!"

Tip #2?  Not at all.

We pull into the valet spot.

Tip #3?  Still clueless.

He puts the car in park.  Now I'm onto something.

Cur: "Happy Anniversary!"


I had NO CLUE!  It was so fun to be surprised like that.  Looking back I should have known something was up.  I noticed my toiletries were missing out of the bathroom.  I couldn't find a sweater, jeans, or shoes I wanted to wear.  We obviously didn't drive the Alpine Loop.  I was so clueless!  Cur was really sneaky but I also think he was pretty happy with my airheaded baby brain in this case.  We had a great stay with a nice breakfast the next morning.  Oh and Roo Bear came too, of course.  Midway was beautiful!

Here's a pic on the way through the canyon.  I made Curtis pull the car over so I could take this one.
 















The next day we headed back to Provo and I dropped Cur off at his office in Orem.  I took the opportunity to surprise him this time and planned a little fishing outing.  We had planned on going to dinner but I knew he would be soooo happy if he got one last opportunity to fish before we went home.  I got my wonderful brother to babysit Roo Bear, loaded up the fishing gear, picked up some Costa Vida, and picked up my man from work.  I took him up the canyon and up onto Squaw Peak to eat dinner.

 How handsome is this guy?  He looks so great all dressed up for work. 

Next we headed down to one of Cur's favorite fishing holes.  I'm not telling you where it is because that's top secret information.  We wouldn't want it to be overcrowded next time we come to town... :)  In the photo below, that little flash of white towards the bottom right is a fish!  Reel 'em in Curbo!





We're a couple of spiny old farts!  Haha!  Here's to an eternity together!!!

I love you Curtis!!!!



4 comments:

Jenny said...

You guys are cute :) Happy anniversary!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Ohhh CBug, am I ever so glad you married Curbo! Great pics once again. Makes me want to go to Utah!

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

You're doing the website for Zermatt? My parents own a couple villas there. I LOVE it there! It feels like me second nome when I go there! I'm jelous you got to go! Happy Anniversary you two!!

Nielsens said...

yay i'm glad the surprise worked out so well! i love surprises! happy anniversary again :)