Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One of the Sweetest Moments of My Life

A few weeks ago I met Thomas S. Monson, the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was amazing. For wednesday night mutual with the young women we decided to go to one of our beehive's class play at her elementary school. It turned out that President Monson's grandson was in her class so he was there with his wife and son to watch as well. A bunch of people lined up to meet him and as I waited my turn, I watched him interact with all the people. He had jokes and comments for everyone and was genuinely interested in each person that came to shake his hand. When I got up there to meet him myself I froze and had nothing to say other than and akward "hi." Why am I so akward in these key moments? I guess I just couldn't think of anything worthy to say to a prophet of God. Nevertheless, it was amazing. I felt a special spirit in the presence of this great man. While we watched the play (I was sitting a few rows behing him and to the left) I stole a glance or two and spent a lot of time thinking about how lucky I am to know of modern revelation. I know that this man is chosen as a prophet of God. And yet, he is also just a man. It's incredible.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so jealous that it is insane! you are so lucky. and i think its a problem that i am keeping up with your life via blog. im a bad friend and even worse because its your birth week! :) only excuse is that i spend all my free time with Brannon. :) I owe you gal pal.

Chris said...

How did you forget to mention this story when we were talking last night? That is awesome.

Jenny said...

one of the perks of living in utah! that is awesome. i'm not sure what i would say either. hm.

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

WOW! That's awesome. I'm sure it is an experience you will never forget. :)

Tim and Jennifer said...

lucky. Hey, how come we never get to g chat with you guys??

Lisa said...

Wow, the perks of living in Utah! I think I would be speechless as well. Very cool!

Brett and Colene said...

That's is awesome. I told BRett about it. Hey isn't today your birthday?!?! HaPpY BiRtHdAy GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hyrum♥chelsea said...

thats so awesome!