Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Sun Came Out And We Played!

Utah's weather is funny. It will snow one day and be warm the next. Anyways, we've been blessed with some sunny weather as of late. Candace and I headed up to Park City to celebrate our 1 yr anniversary. We spent the night at a beautiful resort at the mouth of the Canyons Ski Resort and treated ourselves to a tasty steak dinner. The following morning, we encountered an interesting site: A large mass of clouds at the bottom of a mountain.



We'd never seen anything like it.


Come to find out, it wasn't a mass of clouds but steam rising from a lake.







On Saturday, we got together with Justin and Cbug's cousin Megan for some fun at the shooting range.



Get it, CBUGGGG!


I had an unopened pop can in my truck from the last time I went shooting with my brother Taylor. Here's some footage of the fun:


So, the last 3 or 4 times I've gone fishing I've gotten skunked. I knew I had to change things up, so I brought my good luck charm: Cbug (you might remember this post). I set out a folding chair for her on the bank and she brought a thick blanket to keep warm.

I wasn't having any luck until I switched my fly and.....WHAAAM! I was pulling them in left and right!! You don't believe me do you? Check out the evidence below:




Candace told me later that I caught my first fish only a few seconds after she had prayed I would catch one!! What a sweet wife to say a little prayer for her husband! Her faith went a long way...I was able to give a fish to a man watching and another to friends in our old ward.


I told Cbug I knew what I wanted to get her for Christmas, a fishing pole! She was NOT pleased.
Haha. Have a good week!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Shooting AND fishing?! Soooo fun!

My husband bought me a fly pole for Easter the first year we were married. I had never fly-fished before, but I LOVE it. It's so relaxing and therapeutic to just wade and cast. You never know, some day Candace might like it!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

What a fun and gorgeous weekend. Congrats on the fishing! (Of course, Dad is envious.)

Tim and Jennifer said...

I like Candace's form! Tim is jealous (and so am I) of all those activities!